grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

white lies

This morning, I'm walking around smiling to myself while L plays on my bed.

"Why are you smiling, mom?" L asks me.

"Because I am thinking about something happy," I tell her.

"What?" She asks, impertinently. (I'm just kidding, it's not really impertinent, but still like, what do you mean 'what?')

"You," I respond, still smiling.

I love that Lena totally buys this. Like, of course, if I am walking around smiling a knowing smile to myself, I must be thinking about how wonderful she is, because what else is better in the world than knowing the love of motherhood. (Except you know...you know.)



The reality was, I was thinking about this College Humor video that I had watched yesterday at work that was a movie trailer for a live action Dora the Explorer movie. And it was really freakin' funny. I was thinking about that. And smiling. That's my story at least, and I'm sticking to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment