grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Makings of a good weekend

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I'm sort of counting as it starting today.

I'm going with Aspen and Jack to see Ben Sollee in Raleigh, which is remarkable, because it means that Aspen and I have seen Ben Sollee in every concert that he's played in the Triangle, for the past four years (Cat's Cradle, the Casbah, and now Kings), since we discovered him playing with Abigail Washburn and the Sparrow Quartet in Memorial Hall.


Needless to say, it was swoon at first listen.


It's also Mother's day, which I'm usually more or less not a big fan of because what's the point, I'm a mom every day, but this year I got myself something wonderful, and I'll share that here then, and my mom and I had the wonderful idea that we would go for a hike in the morning, and then go shopping in the afternoon. A wonderful day of mothers indeed!

Ok, some more music for your Thursday.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment