grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Parenting swagger

There lots of tiny victories that come with parenting. Like say, when you make a dinner that contains a vegetable. Or when your kid goes to someone's house and doesn't act like a deranged monkey.

But there is nothing, nothing, like the feeling of completing a project that your kid has started.

I wish I could tell you the amount of puzzles Lena starts, how many lego models, and then subsequently how many times I've found my dad, late at night or early in the morning, finishing up some 1000 piece puzzle or ages 12+ lego model of a motorcycle.

This weekend it was my turn.


I built that! EFF YEAH.

I literally walked around the house with a bounce in my step for like 10 minutes afterwards because WHAAAT!

So Lena got this set for Christmas, and it's like, recycled cardboard pieces so it's like green and edgy and it's for ages six and up but LET ME TELL YOU, no six year old could finish that. I'm serious. It was hard and the directions were not at all explicit. There was a lot of extrapolating from the picture. And I'm not saying that you need a college degree to complete this but this was not a walk in the park.

(I may or may not have told Lena to try to go find something else to do because Mommy Has to Focus. So, there's that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment