grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Up a storm

These past few months I have been reading up a storm.

I think I've read more books this year already then I read last year combined. And they're not even all YAF!

Books I've read this year, assorted by brow-ness

Literary Fiction:
The Marriage Plot--Jeffery Eugenides (I liked it because it was angsty English majors but was nowhere on par with Middlesex which I now want to reread)
Once Upon a River--Bonnie Jo Campbell (Highly recommend, amazing characters. I want Lena to read this.)
Never Let Me Go--Kazuo Ishiguro (Surprising in it's simplicity.)

Fiction that may or may not contain zombies and the adult version of twilight and Beijing crime novels:
Patient Zero--Jonathan Maberry (Non-post apocalyptic zombies!)
Discovery of Witches--Deborah Harkness (Twilight-esque, but with Genetics!!)
Rock Paper Tiger--Lisa Brackmann (Beijing!)

Young Adult Fiction (AKA the best genre in the world):
Divergent--Veronica Roth (Dystopian Chicago.)
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks--E. Lockhart (Boarding school and awesome girl)
(Not included, every novel by Sarah Dessen that I pretty much reread weekly.)

On my to-be-read list, and the books I'm hopefully going to get from the library today:
I, Claudius--Robert Graves
The Submission--Amy Waldman
Train Dreams--Denis Johnston
Paper Towns--John Green (who I have never read! and there are a bajillion holds on The Fault in Our Stars)
Gone--Michael Grant


Oh and I should probably pick up some books for Lena too.


And then I got a paper cut at work yesterday. And I powered through it and was like, Katniss Everdeen!!!


And scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment