grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

a glimpse

Life lately has been a series of starts and stops. There are moments of ridiculousness and brilliance. Here's what's been happening lately.

*

On my way home from work, I stopped at the ATM to get cash for "the babysitter" before going to dinner with our Distinguished Lecture Speaker. I ate oysters, while Mikey refused to take my twenty dollars for pizza, and texted me this picture during dinner. "Just hanging with uncle mikey!"


*

I have been so frustrated with my 9-5 work-life balance. It is the most tenuous part of my life, the part I am most insecure about. I leave work at 5 every day. I pick up Lena. I make dinner. We play, chat, do homework. I put her to bed. I soon follow.  And then I read a profile of Julianne Moore in the New Yorker, and I thought, yes. This. In its entirety. Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work. Her great adventure is her imagination. Just, all of it.


*
UNC and duke both won Nobel Prizes for Chemistry this week, and everyone should have a State fan in their life for moments like these. Also, Cam Newton. 



*

THE HAMILTON SOUNDTRACK. 

Go listen to it go listen to it go listen to it. 

That's all.

*

Hope you all are having a wonderful changing of the seasons. 

This is your friendly neighborhood rachaels signing off and reminding you that it's all going to be ok. 


No comments:

Post a Comment