grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dispatches from living with a 5yo

L's party was an enormous success, and hopefully my face will now stop breaking out over the stress and anxiety accumulated over planning a five year old's birthday party. Seriously, after making cupcakes with five preschoolers and two toddlers, grad school interviews should be a cinch. Although I am exhausted. And cupcakes have lost all positive associations for me. I'm kidding. Sort of.

L cannot pose for a picture without giving the most ridiculous smile in the world. 

Exhibit A:

But her real one is a gem.

Exhibit B:


Also, if anyone has anything to say about the christmas wrapping paper or the fact that I did not take the ice cream cake out of the box before lighting the candles and presenting it to Lena...I don't want to hear it. 

P.S. I don't know how to go about sharing this with people, because whenever I go to say it out loud I think one doth protest too much for whatever reason, but I've just been getting these waves of contentedness throughout the days, and I can't help but thinking, I don't think I've ever been happier in my whole entire life. So I'm sharing it here, Dear Blog, with you, Dear Readers.

I also...should mention...this probably not as an aside, but instead take up a whole billboard in order to advertise this to the world. (Is it too late to buy a superbowl ad?) I would not be here, and could not do any of this without the amazing help and support of my parents. I mean, they're outside playing with L right now as I recover from introvert-hosting-a-party-anxiety-disorder (srsly, is this in the DSM-V because then maybe I could get a medical marijuana license for it in some states), and without them...I have no idea where I would be. Well, I do. Probably still doing dishes from the party. Or folding laundry. Thanks Nana and Pops. You deserve so much more thanks than I could ever hope to give. Oh but wait, I gave you a grandchild. HA! Debt repaid.


No comments:

Post a Comment