grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Smells like teen spirit

The other day I realized that when it comes to choosing shampoo scents for kids it's really all about what smoothie flavor you want them to smell like. Orange crush? Mango tango?

This side of August seems a lot closer to a lot of things. Grad school, L being almost five. Things.

I've been busy and happy and you can find me at the pool almost every weekend. It's been good.

Sorry I haven't been writing here a bunch, but don't worry (I know you were worried) I have been writing.

I've been working on more science writing stuff. I've been guest blogging on Nature.com's Scitable blog, Student Voices. (I talked about principle components! And then a more asinine post on coffee.) I've also been working on things like personal statements. And thinking about short stories.

We've had crazy storms here, and a tree fell on my car: but my car was ok. :)


And Lena and I have been great. In the following picture, only one of us had been crying only minutes before!


Seriously. Ok. Smell you later! (Orange crush for L, I've been in a more savory shampoo mood: rosemary and mint.)


No comments:

Post a Comment