grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

in dreams

I have these really intense dreams about whatever I've been thinking about most during the day. A few weeks ago I was dreaming of sets and dictionaries and keys. (computer science) and last night I dreamed about gene regulatory networks and monty python.

I was supposed to be reading this paper “Bifurcation dynamics in lineage-commitment in bipotent progenitor cells”, but really I've just been thinking about reading this paper. I also found this text processing program that works in Python, and all the examples are with Monty Python quotes; so I dreamed, last night that I was drawing a diagram for the bifurcation of the knights who say “Ni” to the knights who say Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.


Gosh I need to get back to work. But I was thinking, oh man, I could draw a gene regulatory network to figure out the transcription factors that are in charge of determining whether the knights say "Ni" or that whole other thing. 

I woke up out of this dream having to go to the bathroom, because hydration! And then I couldn't get back to sleep because I was really pissed off at myself because this is not a bifurcation network, rachael's dream state. It's jut a run of the mill development diagram. 



references:

Huang, S., et al. (2007). Bifurcation dynamics in lineage-commitment in bipotent progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 305: 695-713.

TextBlob: simplified text processing. https://textblob.readthedocs.org/en/latest/


No comments:

Post a Comment