grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

little posts

**

you may ask yourself, how did i get here

**

In case there was any confusion, the Talking Heads were talking specifically about me, 25, pushing Lena in one of those bullshit huge shopping carts disguised as a race car in the grocery store. And me again, being so utterly inspired and excited about science, and life, and words. And me again, every day I wake up.

**

L comes out with these gems of phrase. Some of which I know she's repeating from books, which makes my heart swell more than anything, and some where I have no idea the origin. In the car the other day she says, Mom, trees are flowers for giants.

**

7 or so years ago I had this boyfriend that wanted to replace my car stereo. I didn't let him for a variety of reasons, one of which he really liked exerting control over my life and I could tell that was what he was doing with my car, but now, 7 years later, I have the shittiest car stereo ever. Any volume required to listen to music with the windows down yields this crazy static-y crackling noise which drives me nuts. And also inexplicably this tapping sound? As if there is some part of the car that is tapping along to the beat. And I secretly sometimes think, you know, I ended up with a kid anyways, couldn't I have at least got a new car stereo out of it too?

**

The summer is almost over, and I can't think about kindergarten, so don't ask me about it.

**

My first rotation is almost over, and between you and me, it was tough. A few weeks ago I was falling asleep at about 9, and sleeping hard until almost 7 the next morning. I thought I had mono or something. But now that the end is in sight, and I am so. freakin. excited. about my next prospects for rotations. I've been not exhausted when L falls asleep, which means I can like, read a book, read a paper, write something down, relax. And then boom, I am waking up at 6 AM with ideas and questions, being generally excited about life.

**

Which is funny, because Aspen wrote recently on her blog about listening to your body, and letting it rest, and giving it space, and like, yeah.

**

Got a few more secrets, a few more stories in my pocket. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment