grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Not many words

I don't have many words after the unspeakable tragedy that occurred on Friday. Simply--my thoughts and prayers are with the families, the community of Newtown, and parents children everywhere.

I actually don't even know how to process what occurred. Since watching the internet-news nonstop on Friday, I've stayed away from any other form of media. I haven't listened to the radio, turned on the tv, or even opened a newspaper.

The selfish, selfish part of me is so thankful that Lena is too young to comprehend, too young to hear about what's going on. I don't know how to explain this to her. I don't...even know what there is to explain. Senseless violence? Fear?

This weekend has found me more centered on her, and us. There's been more snuggling, more books being read. More excuses to touch and hug.

It's weird (weird! my choice of words!) that tragedies can be simultaneously so far-reaching but then so myopic. In the wake of this massacre (massacre..) I can think only of myself and my daughter. I...I can't imagine what it must be like for the families that lost their children (children!) to wake up in the morning without them. Again. And again.

There are so many mornings ahead of us, so much mourning.

Friends, I'm thinking of you all too. Be well. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment