grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

All in

That's it. It's here. The time has come. All my grad applications are in. I've put my best foot forward, metaphorically-sealed-the-envelope, and sent all my little application babies on their way. You know, as a mother, there comes a time when you just have to let go, and let your children make their way in the world on their own...

...clearly this was a very emotional time for me.

But that's it. So now my nights and days are oddly anxiety-free, I don't feel the need to proofread anything, or research faculty at universities, or agonize over how personal a personal statement should be. (My take, not that personal.)

It's cool and it's also not because now I'm just waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

I'll let you in on a little secret, Dear Blog, because I'm not really saying it out loud yet and no one will really believe me anyway if I do. I think if I get into a California school I'm going to California. Because that's the dream, man, California. That's always been the dream. I guess the real truth is I'm just prepping myself in case I have to make that decision. Just getting my mind and my heart ready for it, so if it does come time to choose, I'm not just so afraid of it that I reject it out right.

I guess the other truth/secret is that I also hope I only get into one school, and then I don't have to make any hard decisions. Because avoidance behavior! Yay! (Just as long as that one place is not State. Please get in anywhere but State.) (No offense meant, but you know, state.)


No comments:

Post a Comment