grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11/28/12

Notes on the day:

Thank you, Trader Joe's stacking guy, for pointing me to the last three bags of peppermint pretzel thins, and giving them such an accurate description as "dank". You and my daughter are of the same mind.

Buying thank you presents for people that have written you letters of recommendation is probably harder than asking for a letter in the first place. Today I had to make the decision, is my boss's opinion of me worth 18 dollar port or 45 dollar port? Please don't ask me which one I chose. I'm already regretting my decision.

There is a fine line, for a post doc giving a faculty candidate seminar, in the amount of data vs results to show. Today that line was not even remotely crossed. What I learned: this guy can really run a western.

Personality tests. How much are we supposed to believe in them? I'm a feeling personality, not a thinking. Does that mean I should not go into a thinking profession? Does the fact that I am even thinking about this mean that I am a crazy-over-thinker and thereby give me a thinking personality and shows that I will be okay in a thinking profession? (Dear god, send me back to the Trader Joe's stacking boy...if only life was so simple that everything can be "dank" or "whack".)

Underused phrases. "From your mouth to god's ears."

December's almost here. Lena's almost five.

What a long strange trip it's been.

from your mouth to god's ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment