grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

without even noticing

“I would like to beg, dear sir, as well as I can to have patience with everything  unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a foreign language. Don’t look for the answers which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing, live your way into the answer.” 


– Rainer Maria Rilke


















Sometimes I find myself very lost, and I think to myself that I must be the only person in the world that has ever felt this way before, and then I realize how silly and self-centered that is, to think that I am the only person who has ever felt this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment