grad school, parenthood, identity crisis. welcome to the rabbit hole.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween + a sick day

I mentioned before that this was the first year that Lena had a special request for what she wanted to be for Halloween.

Direct quote: "A circus queen holding a stick."

Since I think a large part of a mother's job description includes "translating obscure wants and needs of child", I understood this to mean, the ladies in the circus that like, lead the horses around the ring. And wield a sort of staff type thing.

Naturally, I made her a cape.


\

Really only because I wanted to try my sewing skillz. And I needed a project.

So we were all set with stick wand, cape, dress, the perfect circus queen, no?

And Lena gets sick. Lena spent all day sleeping and watching Planet Earth. And I was bummed. Only a little bit, that I didn't get to show off that I made Lena a cape, but also not so much, because I get social anxiety trick-or-treating, so here it is. Best of both worlds. I get to show off Lena's cape that I made, and no social interaction whatsoever.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment